Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jon and His Jet.

Jon is heading out to the boat today.


Let the nervous breakdown begin.


Did I mention he was landing on a boat?


That moves. Sways back and forth. Up and down.


In the middle of the ocean.


And did I mention that he is going to approach this flailing deck in the water at over 135 mph in attempt to catch a wire with a 6 inch hook that hangs four feet off the tail of his jet?


And I signed up for this level 10 panic attack?



I did, however, calm a little bit of my nerves today. I got up excruciatingly early... and sat in the LSO shack on the end of runway and watched Jon do touch and go's... in preparation for the boat.


1

Yep, I sat in this tiny little room with the LSO (Landing Signals Officer) a few feet from the runway. It was a hoot! Talk about smelling some jet fuel in the morning!


Read more...

0 comments: