I was tagged by Lorna at Lace and Ivy Cottage for the "8" tag as well as "photo" tagged.
I'll do the 8s first! Here are the rules:
1. Mention the person (or people) who tagged you.
2. Complete the list of 8's.
3. Tag 8 other bloggers and let them know they have been tagged.
Ok, here it goes.
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Going to church tonight to hear the testimony of an ex-mob boss
2. Seeing Up
3. Eating at the Olive Garden tonight with our gift certificate! Yahoo!
4. Dusting off the beach cruiser and taking it for a spin
5. Making a few more ruffle aprons
6. Going to the Beach
7. Finishing up my rag wreath
8. Hosting my first blog party
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Went to Corpus
2. Updated the ol' Huckleberry Prairie blog
4. Organized the office
5. Watered the flowers
6. Took pictures
7. Ate strawberry blueberry pie
8. Played with the poochies
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Run 13.1 miles without stopping
2. Go flying
3. Take a vacation to Wyoming
4. Win the lotto ;)
5. Take a historical Southern Plantation Mansion tour
6. and cruise along the might Mississippi on a steamboat
7. eat donuts every morning without gaining a pound
8. be on the beach reading a book in Cabo or Hawaii...
8 Shows I watch:
1. Forensic Files
2. House Hunters
4. The Office
5. So You Think You Can Dance
6. Bachelorette (even though I said I wouldn't)
7. Biggest Loser (while it was on)
8. American Idol (while it was on)
8 favorite fruits:
8 Places I'd Like to Travel
2. Grand Tetons
4. Prince Edward Island
5. All through the South
8. Vermont in Fall
8. Places I've Lived
1. Anaheim, CA
2. Lake Elsinore, CA
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Palm Springs, CA
5. Murrieta, CA
6. Winchester, CA
7. Kingsville, TX
8. And soon to be Hanford, CA
That's all for that one.
8 People I've Tagged
1. Maria @ MJs Daily Happenins
2. Jessica @ Our Happily Ever After
3. Emily @ Le Quaintrelle
4. Sarah @ Towe's Corner
5. Carlie @ La Famille Roncada
6. DeBran @ The Taradiddle and Twaddle of Motherhood
7. Danielle @ Positive Quotations Words to Live By
8. Molly @ The Story of Us
And for the second one...
The next tag is a photo tag and is also from Lorna at Lace and Ivy Cottage. Here are the rules:
Go to your photo files...
Select the 6th photo folder...
Select the 6th photo in that folder...
Post that photo along with the story behind it.
Then challenge 6 blog friends to do the same!
My 6th folder, 6th picture is:
hahaha! This was taken on our honeymoon... in St. Croix... and could have very easily been one of the most joyous days of my life! Allow me to explain... Checked weather forecasts for Virgin Islands before we leave for the airport... sunny. Fantastic. Upon arrival to the island, it was a little rainy... but that's ok we think... it is probably normal to get a daily tropical shower or two. Arrive at the hotel... with the weather channel on in the lobby talking about the hurricane that is on a straight path to St. Croix! WHAT! So, freaking out like anyone in their right mind would do... we talk to the lobby clerk as to what to do. Oh... no big deal... take your keys and enjoy the view of the ocean from your ocean-facing room, 30 feet away from the water, on ground level! And they will give further instruction tomorrow before the hurricane hits. Nice.
So tomorrow comes... stormy but the hurricane wasn't going to hit until that night. Hotel says we will be perfectly safe in our room... and if things get really bad to come up to the lobby. Like I'm going to leave my room and walk a 1/2 mile in 100+ mph winds and torrential downpour in the middle of a hurricane! So, we are under a mandatory curfew after 5pm to stay in the room... they bring us lukewarm dinner (we were happy to eat anything at that point) and we lose power at about 9. And telephone. We have no internet, no radio, no television, no cell phone coverage, no lights, no way to contact anyone... no way to get information about the hurricane. We sit. In the dark. 30 feet away from the water. With a direct hit coming. Luckily, we were on the opposite side of the island where the hurricane was coming from... so at least we knew the water level probably wouldn't rise too much on our side. A few hours later... everything you could imagine a hurricane to be like...happened. Pouring rain, winds like you've never heard... trees falling... branches snapping... Our screen blew in... but other than that, no damage to our little bungalow. :) We made it... woke up to sunshine. Still no power to the island... no internet, etc.
The island was in shambles...but praise the Lord... there were no fatalities. They don't exactly have the resources to get the island up and running again in a jiffy. We couldn't really leave the resort in our rental car... there were live wires and trees down all over the roads. And besides being dangerous, we didn't want to get in the way of the clean up and repair efforts on the roadways. So the majority of our week long honeymoon was eating appetizer bar food at the hotel (the restaurant was closed since they couldn't get deliveries or have the staff help to open it). After the 4th or 5th day of bar food... we decided venture out into the town to see if we could find anything... a grocery store... a convenient store... a cafe... ANYTHING. And lo and behold... in all of its yellow arched glory.... MCDONALDS! And it was open!!! I never thought I would see the day that the sight of McDonalds would make my heart skip a beat... or incline me to take a picture. Needless to say, we ate at McDonalds everyday for the rest of the honeymoon... and couldn't be more thankful for it. :) And that is the 6th picture in my 6th folder... what a McBlessing.
And that is all folks!