Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: A Picnic by the Creek


I decided on whim to have a picnic dinner yesterday (as I've been wanting to do a picnic tablescape for a while now...figured this would be a good time to do it)... so once Jon got home from work... we headed to the park. We found a cute little picnic bench by the creek... under a nice shade tree.

Here is a sneak peak into my tablescape:

The whole tablescape (plus a delicious salad recipe and a watermelon salsa recipe) will be posted on my Huckleberry Prairie blog this evening. :)

Jon and I... AFTER I discovered that Jon does not like Pumpernickel bread and could not bear to eat the rest of his sandwich. Note to self: Do not try new breads when you have a picky eater for a husband. ;)

After dinner, we took a walk by the creek.



YIKES!
And I snapped a shot of our town's water tower at sunset... on our way home. :)

That was our "Outdoor" adventure so far this week. :) For more outdoor pictures check out A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.

9 comments:

  • Kelly Bergsing said...

    How fun that would be!! I love the tablescape. I think I could use one like that a lot with my kids!! They love stuff like that. Since the weather has been so nice, they have insisted on having breakfast on the picnic table out front for the last few days. It looks like a beautiful spot!! :0)

  • Jeanne said...

    Hello Melissa, your picnic idea is wonderful. Too bad I wasn't along I love pumpernickel bread. Big smile. You both are such a cute couple. I enjoyed your stroll after lunch and your great photos too.

    Hugs...Jeanne

  • Mary Bergfeld said...

    I loved your post and the pictures of your picnic were really fun to see. I'm sorry your guy didn't like the bread but there'll always be a next time. Have a wonderful day

  • Lynn said...

    This is a great post, picky eater hubby and all!
    You two look SO in love!
    Today is my 44th anniversary!
    I wish you the same!

  • stefanie said...

    how sweet, i remember those days, now its just paper plates and kids ball games... enjoy

  • Summer Athena said...

    love the photos and your blog! thanks for following. now i will do the same.

    ;)

  • Rebecca Nelson said...

    Melissa...

    I love your sweet little Blog! You smile brought me TO YOU and I think I'm gonna stay for a bit and look around!

    I'm from Cali, too! Moved to Texas, too! Now I live in Oklahoma but long to return to the Lone Star State! YOU ARE BLESSED!

    Just wanted to stop by and say hello....you and your hubbs are BEAUTIFUL!

    xoRebecca

  • Alicia W. said...

    Your blog is GREAT! Just wanted to say hello from SC! :o)

  • Toothfairy said...

    It looks fun.
    And I love the way you've edited the pix!
    great work!

    *loves*