Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Favorite Marburger Farms Jeweler: Skip 2 My Lou

There are so many skilled craftsmen (and craftswomen) at Marburger Farms, it's ridiculous. I appreciate originality. I am delighted when I see someone use their artistic talent and birth something completely new. That is exactly what I found with a particular jewelry artist at Marburger Farms and boy oh boy was I tickled pink!



Skip 2 My Lou


12

Skip 2 My Lou booth at Marburger Farms



9

The jeweler, Janet Waldrop, creates jewelry (everything from necklaces to bracelets to earrings and beyond) out of vintage-found pieces.



7

I loved her idea of displaying the jewelry on old photographs. I collect old photos myself and thought that was such an adorable way to show off vintage jewelry.


6


The most random vintage pieces are strung together perfectly to tell a story.


7


You could literally spend all day in this one booth looking at each individual piece. Every necklace is different; no piece is used twice.


Some of my favorites:


1


All of the pieces on this necklace are old vintage clock faces.


2


3



4


Every single necklace is a conversation piece. And the best part? She writes out on the back of the photograph details about the necklace such as what each piece is, where it was found, etc. You, then, become knowledgeable about the uniqueness of the special necklace that you are wearing.


8


You can look at the same general area ten times and each time see something that you didn't see before. Her booth is the definition of eye candy.


We loved it all but decided to keep walking around to other booths.


It only took approximately 15 minutes before we were back.


We knew we would regret not purchasing something this fun and unique.


On my second visit, I saw a necklace that I didn't see before.


It was as if it was calling my name and made perfectly for me.


1



0 comments: