Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

So today was Mother's Day... and I flew in just in time to spend the day with my Mom! :) You never realize how much you miss your Mom's company... or appreciate the time you spend together... until you move states away. Sure, we still talk often... but nothing replaces the weekend shopping trips or just hanging out at home together. Which is exactly what we did today.


We started the day off with me making breakfast for her... we had breakfast burritos (get off my back, I was working with what was in the refrigerator ;) haha It's the thought that counts anyway, right?).

And the rest of the day... we spent swinging on the patio swing... chit chatting about little things and big things... admiring the weather and the view of the mountains and just completely taking the day off to do nothing...

We stopped to smell the roses...

No, literally... we really did go around and smell all of my Mom's blooming roses. :) And they were deeee-lightful!


We enjoyed the company of Mr. Charlie Brown Bucket...


...and Mr. Toby.

My mom also has two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels... a Blenheim and a Black and Tan (mine are two Blenheims).

And we wrapped up the evening with my dad grilling some steaks... to celebrate Mom's Day. (Because for some odd reason... she was craving steak.) I am so grateful to have been a part of this "do-nothing" day... Sometimes it is when we really stop and just appreciate the blessings set before us...and really just cherish the moment, that we truly appreciate the people who are most important to us. For me, that is my Mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mommies!










2 comments: